Candida is commonly known as yeast infection. It is technically called Moniliasis, Candidosis and also oidiomycosis. Candidiasis includes a range of infections from superficial like oral thrush and also vaginitis, to potentially and systemic diseases which are a threat to one’s life. It is one of the most common syndromes and is found that it mostly occurs in women. But it is not restricted to women only. There have been many cases in which children and men were found suffering from the yeast infection. This infection causes burning and itching in the part, which is affected by it. Sometime the patient has to go through many more discomforts and pains as the part, which is affected by yeast infection spreads keeps on increasing.
Firstly, know the symptoms
As the medical science is progressing, more and more human infections are getting identified. Every infection has its own symptoms through which it can be identified. Even yeast infection has its own symptoms. The first symptom noticed by a sufferer of yeast infection would be severe itching. Soreness around vagina can also be seen in women. This infection problem creates anxiety problem in affected person. Sometimes pains and burning sensation is felt as a symptom in women while sexual encounters or while urinating. If women notice these symptoms she should star her treatment for vaginal yeast infection. If this infection occurs to a woman during her pregnancy, she must take utmost care because it can be more critical for the health of the sufferer.
Sometimes it is found that after taking the treatment for this infection it is cured, but the symptoms are noticed again after some time. This type of recurring infections is more dangerous because it can lead the patient to severe diseases like diabetes. If one suffers this kind of infection more than 4 times annually then it indicates that it is a recurring yeast infection.
Preventive Measures for Yeast Infection
Any kind of infection is caused in our body only when our immune system is weak. Our immune system has the capacity to fight different types of disease and infections. But sometimes due to some unfavorable reasons and factors this fighting system of our body is weakened. Here are certain preventive measures:
- Sugar’s contribution in causing infection is high. So, first step to avoid yeast infection would be stopping the intake of excess of sugar.
- Maintain hygiene in your surroundings and at home. It is one of the major preventive measures.
- Avoid intake of antibiotics as it causes severe damage to your immune system and makes you an easy target of yeast infection.
- Avoid the usage of excessive perfumes and deodorants as it causes skin infections.
- Prefer materials that are easy to breathe for your skin. Avoid synthetic and nylon cloth.
- Douching can also be a reason for imbalance of bacteria in vagina
Remedies to get rid of Yeast Infection
- Plain Curd- The good bacteria present in the curd can help you fight against yeast. It can be used both externally as well as internally. But using plain curd is really important because if you use sweetened curd, the sugar present in it may boost the yeast growth
- Water-It is believed water is the most powerful secret remedy for all types of infections and diseases. If we drink a good amount of water we can skip many of our diseases and infections. Similarly by drinking lots of water you can get rid of yeast infection
- Some more remedies for getting rid of yeast infection are Apple-cider vinegar, garlic, beneficial bacteria supplement, etc.
Author’s Bio: The author is a well-known researcher of yeast infections found in humans. He is working passionately and is associated with http://myyeastinfectiontreatment.org/ people aware about different types of yeast infections and their treatments.